The Stations of the Cross in Newcestown church – see photographs below:
- Jesus Condemned to Death.
- Jesus Receives the Cross.
- Jesus Falls the First Time.
- Jesus Meets His Holy Mother.
- Jesus is Aided by Simon.
- Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus.
- Jesus Falls a Second Time.
- Jesus Consoles the Women of Jerusalem.
- Jesus Falls the Third Time.
- Jesus is Stripped of His Garments.
- Jesus is Nailed to the Cross.
- Jesus Dies on the Cross.
- Jesus is Taken From the Cross.
- Jesus is Laid in the Tomb.
PRAYING WITH THE STATIONS
At the start of each Station, pray:
We adore you O Christ and we praise you.
Because by your Holy Cross, you have redeemed the world
When you finish praying the stations using these images, pray the Our Father and ‘Glory Be To the Father’ for the Popes’ intentions, as is the tradition, and sing a hymn, like “Where you there….? or ‘The Old Rugged Cross’.”